1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for a Carpenter /Handyman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I am replacing the "facia" boards on the front of my house--the ones that form an upside-down "V".My question is how to I get the two boards to align at the very top? Is it calculated by the roof pitch? I need suggestions. Thank-you. Dennis Mastrolia 781-910-0313.What degree do I cut each board to align??

2. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

The easiest way is to tack a scrap (say 1X4) on the existing facia board and make a plumb mark on it with a level. When you line this up in a chop saw it will give you the degree of the cut. Cut the angle on the oone by four intwo pieces, then hold the two pieces together at the ridge to see it the angles are correct. Make any adjustment and test again. That should give you a perfect plumb cut at the ridge.
    Good luck,
    Cliff

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I would think you would also have to be replacing the drip edge as well? If that is a correct assumption a perfect fit is not mandatory. Using two pieces of scrap to get the correct angle is the best advice. Also an angle square which is very in expensive will help you out. Posting a picture would help a lot.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Take 2 small strips of wood {paint paddle will work} and screw them together at one end. to make a L shape. take a small level and put one on the under side of sofet/ roof line had plumb the other part of the L that will give you tha correct pattern/angle

5. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Thank-you.Now I know!!!

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Dennis, Why didn't you ask Arthur N. at the club, he would have been happy to help you out. Even I could have done it for you, have a good week. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.