1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for 28ga Reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

You can reload them. Call Hodgdon to be certain; but I believe you can use recipes for Federal or Cheddite hulls.

Don Verna

2. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

After you relad the Estates and then the Winchesters, I think that you will like the Winchester hulls better. Neil

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Estates and Federals will burn out the sides and you will have some pull offs (only the Brass ejects).

Remingtons will do that also.

Jim

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Pat, You could if you wanted to. Most load the steel based hulls once and toss. Then again, life it two short to load cheap hulls. Hard on the resizer and hard on the Breach face and ejectors. Break-em all. Jeff

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

When you start loading the Winchester HS hulls be aware that the usual failure mode is a longitudinal split in the side of the hull (plastic) and not a failure at the case mouth. If you do not catch the split when it is small the case will split the full length of the plastic.

I would not be afraid to load the Estates multiple times. I load Federal Top Gun 12 gauge hulls 4 or 5 times with no problems.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.