1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for 1187 Trap Owners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

A club member has an 11-87 Premier Trap with straight stock. The stock has been cut about 1" (for his grandkids), and the original pad put back on, which is a little too long for the end of the butt. I'm considering buying it, as I need an adjustable butt and comb, so the cut stock doesn't bother me much.

Question is this: the comb does not look quite parallel. Are the non-MC stocks not quite parallel? I know you can't affect the comb angle much, but if it's only off a little, can the adj comb be made parallel?

Danny

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Sometimes They keep the piece that was cut off. This helps.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

"Are the non-MC stocks not quite parallel?" According to an old Remington catalog, the 11-87 trap straight comb has nominal dimensions of 1 3/8" drop at comb, 1 3/4" drop at heel, and 14 3/8" length of pull, so you're correct- it isn't quite parallel. I don't know if the adj. comb can compensate for that, but I'd ask the installer (or the manufacturer of the hardware if you plan to install it yourself) if that's within the range of adjustment- there may be differences depending on the way the comb is adjusted. James Fawcett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.