1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Custom Stock for Browning 525 Sporting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've got a Browning Citori 525 Sporting Clays (among other guns). I'm thinking that I might like a different stock on the gun. Suppose I wanted a Monte Carlo style stock with adjustable comb and also a different forend on the gun.

Does anyone have any idea what it might cost for me to purchase such a stock and have it installed (fitted) to my gun? I would want nice wood, but it doesn't have to be spectacular. Just something that looks decent.

Thanks,

Easystreet

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Lots of good stockmakers out there . If you know the dimensions you need your way ahead . A nice set with nice wood can go from a low of $1,800.00 to as high as you like . I would think a set can be had for under 2,500.00 if you don,t go nuts on the wood .

I,m going send you a PM and show you what I got .

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I had Graco-Corp install an adjustable comb on my 625, with extra long posts so that I could jack the rear of the comb up into a parallel position like a trap stock.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Given that is a type 4 Citori, you have a lot of choices of wood that will bolt right on. Check out Midwest Gun Shop and Art's Gun and Sports shop. You have field stocks, sporting clays stocks, skeet stocks and trap stocks, and different versions of each to choose from. Unless you are looking for a custom BUILT stock, a whole different proposal, you should be able, with a little research, to find what you want and just bolt it on.

5. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Wireguy,

None of the other earlier model Citori gun stocks "will bolt right on". While the internal parts on the 525's are the same as other recent model Citori's, the rear section of the receiver has a different radius (to give it a more pronounced curved grip) and because of this, will not work with other stocks.

If you lay a 525 down on top of another Browning Citori, like a 425 or XT Trap or Special Sporting Clay, etc, you can easily see how the rear of the receiver extends in a curve further down on the 525.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Interesting. I've never heard of a 525 being anything but a type 3. Does this mean the 525 is alone in it's receiver configuration? Midwest Gunworks says ALL
    Type 3 ---Manufactured 1983 through present.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MGWI&Category_Code=C-015-6

7. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Here are a couple of pictures to show you what I mean. See how the rear of the receiver of the standard typle Citori is straight up-and-down, while the 525/625 guns receiver lines slant rearward at the top to provide more curve. This first picture is the standard type and I will have to show the 525 type in the next post.

[​IMG]

8. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

This is a picture of the 525/625 type receiver that has the slanted rear section.

[​IMG]

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Amazing. Never heard of this and as a 4X Citori owner I thought I knew them pretty well. That is something to keep in mind if one is ever looking at buying a 525/625.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning 525 adjustable stock
browning 525 sporting shot skeet

browning 525 sporting stock

browning 525 stock
browning xt trap custom stock
custom browning citori stocks
custom stocks for browning citori
midwest stock works browning citori