1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Citori Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Citori's. A friend has a O/U and wants a single barrel. Were they made for this gun? If so does anyone have one they want to sell?

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They did make a Citori Plus Combo that had a top single with an identical rib. Not sure whether anyone tried to get a single barrel fitted to the plain old Citori Plus. Wouldn't even want to guess what it would cost. Back when they made the Citori Plus combos, they went for around $2700-$2800 and were worth every penny. Good luck.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

shot410ga,

I'm not sure about your usage of the term "plus", but I'll try.

Browning made some Citori combo's that had a top-single barrel and O/U's. These had fixed rib barrels and could be had with or without choke tubes.
    They aren't real common, but they are out there.

Browning also made Citori Plus Combo's. These were top-single and O/U's as well. The big difference was the addition of the adjustable ribs and the recoil system. I've only seen this model with Inv+ choke tubes. These are rarer yet and don't come up for sale very often.

ss

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

I have a Citori and a friend had a XT combo top single barrel that he wanted to sell so we took them apart one afternoon at the gun club to see if the XT barrel would fit.

It did, to the point of engaging the locking bolt, my plus has a lot of rounds through it and the XT barrel was brand new so the lever was way to the right.

I probably could have fired it safely, but I didn't want to take the chance without having it checked first.

Mike

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

This gun is a Citori Plus O/U with an adjustable rib, no recoil reducer, and short barrels 28" Looks like it was made for sporting clays. Anyway if anyone has a single barrel 32-34" that will fit, he would be interested.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

shot410ga,

If the barrels are truly 28", then your buddy has a rare piece. This is a Citori "micro" plus. I've never seen one, but the catalogue showed that the model exsisted.

If you get an oppertunity to post a picture or two of this gun I'd appreciate it.

ss

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

shot410ga,

My friend still has the top single barrel for sale it's a 32" Invector Plus XT barrel, be advised it wil have to fitted to the other gun. Let me know if he is interested, and I'll get in touch with the owner.

Mike

8. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

what would a citori plus combo be worth? have one and might sell.

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

TrapperT,

Like a lot of things, it depends. Do you have a 30"/34" or a 32"/34"?
    Condition and accessories included, original Pelican case?

I have seen them go anywhere from $2200 for a well used one in descent condition to almost $3000 for one with everything included and practically NIB/unfired condition.

Pictures would help determine the value.

Mike

10. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

it is 32/34 in probably 90%, has all original stuff, nice shooter, but sold unsingle mx 14 combo and having had time adjusting. might post pics before to long. thinking of trying 682 gold unsingle combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pelican case citori plus