1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Caesar Guerrini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    I acquired a CG via a trade. It's an OU sporting model that I plan to use for trap doubles. It looks and feels nice, particularly the triggers. However, I am curious re. how it will hold up over the long run. I heard various things; that these guns are great and a relative bargain to they are little more than a plain, basic gun, "gussied up" to look good and are a lot of hype.

I've also heard that the CG has timing problems rather frequently. I'd appreciate hearing from any other shooter who has had a history with the CG either positive or negative...particularly re. durability.

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    12K shells threw mine, zero problems.

Click on the link above for discussion on another board.

Dave Eberhart
  3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have over 20K through mine now and have had zero problems. They are most assurdly NOT cheap guns gussied up. I have owned and used most of the high dollar guns and the fit, quality and performance of the Caesar Guerini is comparible. They are designed with thought given to easy replacement of high wear points so even if I get mine to the point it is loose I know it can be tightened up with no problems. PLUS CG customer service is OUTSTANDING.

--- Chip King ---
  4. dimapower

dimapower Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Used to have a CG Magnus combo - nice gun. The O/U barrel did have ejector timing issues, but CG fixed it under warranty - next day turnaround.

I will say that I like my two p-guns better.
  5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Don't plan on being to good at doubles with a CG sporting gun. They shoot dead flat.

As far as the rest of the gun, they're great.

If it is an older pre Maxis bore gun, plan on spending a dollar or two on a recoil system. They have a dual stage forcing cone in the .725 bore guns that create a bit more felt recoil than the newer Maxis bore barrels do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.