1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question BT99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtj, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtj

xtj Guest

Will a barrel from the older bt99's change with a 32 inch to or 34 inch or would they have to fitted by a gunsmith???

JKG

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Do not know first hand.

Asked the question myself a couple of weeks ago when I was offered some take-off BT-99 barrels.

Got answers ranging from "They will all interchange"...

To answers from reputable gunsmiths saying "None of them will interchange without gunsmithing work which would exceed the difference between the price of selling the one you have and buying a new BT-99 with screw-in Invector Plus chokes."

Again, I don't know.

Hammer

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I purchased a 34" barrel to go with my 32" BT-99 that I had.......No, they will not interchange. The amount of smithing required will range from very little to a whole lot......maybe even changing the barrel lug. Good Luck!

My barrel work was done by Doug Braker in Minnesota & he did a great job.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have 2 older BT's, one from 70 and one from 71. They do not interchange. Bulge.

5. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I bought a 32" barrel that fit my Bt-99 but would not fit a friend's 99. Hit or miss proposition...Bill

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

They won't interchange because of design differences or because Browning can't make two alike?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.