1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Browning 425 Barrel Sets??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DonMirabito, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonMirabito

DonMirabito TS Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have a Browning 425 with 30 inch barrels. I'd like to get a set of 32 inch barrels, but I have been told (which is news to me) that not all Browning Citori based receivers are the same and thus the barrel sets may not fit. Can someone who knows shed some light on this topic?
  2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Rochester, NY
    Doesn't matter much, since there is no way to buy a new set of barrels from Browning. Midwest gun works has some barrels, but not the one you're looking for. Your ONLY option would be to find a used set of barrels, but the chances of that are pretty slim.

Even if you could find another set of barrels, the cost of the barrels + the cost to fit them would probably be pretty close to what you could buy a complete used 425 for.
  3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I have a 30" 425 that I wanted to tube but companion tubes made the gun to heavy for my liking so I purchased a beat up 425 on the cheap and fit the barrel to my reciever and forend myself. After making this work I sent the barrel to Kolar and they made a carrier barrel out of it and fit tubes to it. The barrel and tubes are 3oz heaver than the 12 ga barrel now but balance is prefect. I'm now working on the second receiver/forend so both barrels fit it as well as a custom stock. It could be I was lucky to get all this hardware to work, don't know but I like my two barrel solution. You can PM me for more info if you like. Joe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 425 28 inch barrel