1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about yardage reduction

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shootrman, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Sitting at the club over the weekend the question comes up about yardage reduction. Two year ago one of our club members went to the Grand. This fella hits a 99 from the 20 and gets punched 2 yards. The next day at the championship from his new yardage hits a 98 and gets 2 more yards. Now he has been at the 24 yard line and hasn't been able to hit the barn door since. I'm saying he has to wait till August and then put in 1000 targets with less than an 87 ave. Others say, he only needs 1000 targets in this year for the reduction. How does this work? My thanks in advance.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

2 years, end of story!

ec90t

3. setter

setter Member

The 2 yrs & trigger points are: Eastern - 89, Central - 90, Southern - 89, Southwestern - 90, Western - 90.

4. JRW

JRW Member

This year at the Spring Grand I broke a 94 in one of the caps early in the program. I was giving a 1/2 yard. Does the 2 year rule apply to me also? Jerry

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

As far as I know, any punch recieved at a major shoot will be in effect for 2 yrs. You can confirm this by looking up your record on the ATA site.

ec90t

6. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Wonderful rule. Why don't we just tell these people to stop shooting and/or go away. They are not wanted. Dumbest rule I have ever seen. Although the newer rule pertaining to the allowance of category shooters to shoot for the championship only, choose either remaining places or take the category. Again
    it seems the current administration is more determined to eliminate shooters for the sake of posibly eliminating the "DREADED SANDBAGGER" Bull S---. And now after the success of the SCTP program the ATA wants to hire someone to do it better. Where were we for all those years prior to the introduction of this program. Talk to people like Charlie (CIM) or Gail Miller in California about how to organize. They seem to have taken the simple road. Just do it. - Jim

7. JRW

JRW Member

Shawn; Thank you for your time and info. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.