1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about wooden 1911 grips

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ccw1911, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

We have a wide variety of gun enthuisists on this forum and I'd like to pose a question to see what kind of opinions I get.

Would you expect a set of custom painted wooden grip panels for a 1911 pistol to hold up to cleaning with Hoppes? Situation is the man knew the panels were painted wood, not like it was a surprise. Knew they were painted with a metalic paint, he wanted a special look.

If you had a nice custom 1911 with custom painted grips on them would you expect to clean it like a GI pistol and just go after it with Hoppes and a brush everywhere?

He claims Hoppes is a gentle cleaner!!

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

IF I HAD A SET OF CUSTOM PAINTED GRIPS I WOULD TAKE THEM OFF THE GUN IF SHOOTING AND OR CLEANING-PAINTED GRIPS FROM A USER STAND POINT ARE NOT THE WAY TO GO-RICK

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I would put them on a gun that I do not shoot. When cleaning I would remove them. The paint will not last long if cleaned with any cleaner. Don't worry, he will learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.