1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about width of Perazzi adjustable rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rampro6698, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rampro6698

rampro6698 TS Member

Do all of the Perazzi adj rib guns have a wider rib than the standard (non-adj) guns? I have seen several and it looks as though the muzzle end of the rib is significantly wider than the standard rib width. I know that is probably a design necessity, just was not sure if the width of all of their adj rib guns was the same regardless of model/trap/sporting, etc. They do look like they taper some, as do the standard non-adj ribs, but they are quite a bit wider. Especially when you compare the anchor point at the muzzle with the adj rib itself.

Any info?

Steve

2. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Steve..........Just received my TM9X last thursday from The Ray Man Stafford, I wanted the 32" barrel and just put a mic on the rib...At the breach/chamber end the mic shows..432 and tapers to the muzzle end and reads .288 This again is a 32" adjustable rib. Hope that helps...RUN'EM

3. rampro6698

rampro6698 TS Member

I am finding out that Perazzi offers a tapered rib like yours as well as a non-tapered 11mm (.432 inch) rib on their adjustable rib models. I don't really know what the advantage of a non-tapered rib would be in trap or sporting clays, etc. Maybe it is just personal preference.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.