1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About "Thread Watch List"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I really like the Thread Watch List, but I have one question/complaint about it. Why doesn't every thread that we post a response on automatically go on our Thread Watch List? If we are interested enough in a thread to post something on it, shouldn't it automatically be on our Thread Watch List? Just asking.

Easystreet

2. Easystreet

Question About

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get an answer to my question?

Thanks,

Easystreet

3. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Question About

If you like the thread that much just click the d**n watch list. Jeez.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Question About

Easy. If you are making a suggestion, send your comment to david@trapshooters.com. If yu are asking my opinion, then it seems to me to b3e a reminder item for items for sale or wanted. I have used it once and never gone back to review. Saying that it is you that feels this is important. I do not feel it is significant to my usage of TS.com

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Question About

I thought it did update. Kind of worhtless if it didn't.

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Question About

Easy to do...Just click on Edit / Delete messages and all you responded to are there.......Ray

7. Easystreet

Question About

Ray,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there are two problems with that approach.

First, the Edit/Delete list doesn't tell you which threads have new posts on them and which ones don't. You have to click on each one and follow it up with another click or two just to find out that nothing new has been posted.

Second, it's redundant. Why have two different lists to tell you which posts you are interested in? Why can't the "Thread Watch List" include all threads which you have specifically requested to be on that list along with all threads which you have posted on previously? The simple act of posting on a thread should be all a person has to do to get the thread on the "Thread Watch List".

Easystreet

8. david

david Member

Question About

I took Easystreet's suggestion and added a check box on a the create new thread or reply to a thread form that if check will add the thread your are on to your watch list as you create or reply to a thread.

I also added a new setting to where you can set whether you want to automatically have the system check the watch thread box. Click change password/settings link to set this new option if you like.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.