1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about this BT 99 Please- more pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrowningGuy, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

What does this number mean?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

You may laugh, but who is Leo?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Leo was a big Browning dealer just outside of Pittsburgh, in Library pa. He and his wife Joan, a very fine lady, worked the shop together. Its name was Loe's custom stocks. About 90% sure on that name. Anyway Leo was such a big dealer that he had his own runs of guns produced by Browning. Leo passed away approx. 10 years ago. Bulge.

4. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Leo's Custom Stocks. I lived about 3 miles from there growing up. I loved to go with my Dad to get loading supplies. Now I live 7 or 8 miles away, and wish the shop was still there. It was a really nice gun shop. Bulge is right about Joan, she was always a lady, in the true sense of the word.

5. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

What is it worth? gun is probably 98%

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Are you Guys sure that is a Leo's Gun??? I thought he only did runs of 100 and that the numbers were on the round part (top) of the opening lever??? I was not aware of any runs of 300 or more??? Trapper T show us some side pic's of that gun so we can get an idea of the engraving, and let us know if it was a 99 only or a plus or a Max gun. Hard to give you a idea of a price without better pic's and alittle more info.

7. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

here is another pic, thanks for info, Tony

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Tony, that engraving looks like a normal BT-99 to me, but Maybe abit of extra scrolls at the top of the reciever on both sides? Its hard to tell in your pix, but is that gold inside of the engraving pattern??? The engraving I have seen on Leo's guns (deep releaf engraving) are mostly like a grade 5 and grade 6 w/ gold. I'm sure someone on here will know more than I. Break-em all. Jeff

9. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Jeff it is gold inside scrolls, thanks Tony

10. letts

letts TS Member

I have what I believe to be a "Leo" BT 100 with the number 106 on the operating lever.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.