1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the wear pattern on my recoil pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I have shot this O/U about 6 years. I had the gun fitted by the country gentleman. I am now in a slump looking for answers and I have a question about my gun mount based on a wear pattern on the kickeez pad. I have it offset to the right about 3/8 of inch. The pad is worn on the top of the left side from about half the top down the left side about 1 1/2inches. I I thought I was bringing the gun up to the right cheek and straight back into the pocket on right shoulder. Now I am wondering what this wear pattern is telling me. There was a time with this set up that was was shooting low 90 high 80s. I have lost 25 lbs and been at the gym 2 months working on upper body. Does this wear indicate I am doing something wrong? I do have a problem raising the gun up to the proper height. That last 1/16 or 1/8 makes all the difference in score. TY for opinions

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The wear pattern shows that the gun needs to be refitted to your new body. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.