1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about SX-1 Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fnj682, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fnj682

fnj682 Member

I was wondering if anyone can help out with this question.
    Do all super X-1 barrels fit on all serial number range guns. I have a later Super X-1 and just purchased another barrel (also with no screw in rib). They are somewhat different on the ejection port side. The barrel goes on but there seems to be too much space from receiver to rib. It looks like it might not be going in far enough. Do they need to be fitted? Any help would be appreciated.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Sometimes, yes they do.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Generally, they fit adequately from gun to gun but there were times that the barrel extension - where the ejection would take place, needed just a scosh of relief to permit the barrel to slide into it's mounted position without excessive energy or any pounding - should slip in easily.....Bob Dodd

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have had barrels that went from gun to gun and others that needed to be fitted a bit as mentioned by BDodd.

However, the issue is that they are too tight in the receiver...not that they extend too far when fully seated.

I have also had barrels that would go in, but were just a tiny bit too tight on the inside of the extension and they wouldn't cycle without a little gunsmithing help.

One of the better guys to do SX-1 work, if you need it, is Ernest Marlette of Winston-Salem, NC, (336) 456-1818.

5. fnj682

fnj682 Member

Thanks,
    It's my first experience with interchanging barrels. Put some blackening on the barrel and it does appear to be tight on the ejection side.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A little relief on the high spot should solve your concerns......Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.