1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I currently use a pair of Decot Internationals for shooting. In certain situations during the day and quite a bit at night, I get reflections on the back side of the lens. This can be a little distracting at times. I wear a hat, but don't use blinders because I find them to be a bigger distraction.

Is there any of the newer generation wrap around shooting glasses that eliminate this problem?

ss

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Maybe something like Ranger XLW's. This is what I have and I haven't had any inside reflection problems.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

EE,

I have excellant periphial vison and it is a major distraction when it is limited. It gives me a very clostraphobic feeling.

Thanks for the info wireguy. I was wondering if those would greatly reduce the interior reflection.
    ss

4. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

I have the same problem with blinders. Very distracting to me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

EE,

I shoot way too many different disciplines. The need for periphial vision is greater than the need for blinders. I tend to think that blinders are only for buggy horses!

ss

6. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

Once one starts shooting, a person probably (should) forget all about the blinders. I use vermillion (light red) colored shooting glasses, with blinders. The blinders should help with concentration on shooting, wind blowing in and around ones eyes, and the thing i really notice is keeping the shooters next to me gunpowder and smoke out of my eyes. Steve

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

You need to ask about an AR(non reflective)coating on the lenses.

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Take a look at NYX shooters glasses. They work for me. There are several sources on the web that will come up if you do a google search.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

EE,

Here's a cartoon that sums you up!

[​IMG]

ss

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

short shucker,

You have a PM.

Matt Woodson

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Get the ranger XLW's and you will have the best made. I have tried most and those glasses with there CMT lens are far and away as good as it gets.

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

ss.... mash on the above link. I had the same problem and just went with the new Decot "Revel" frames and lenses and couldn't be happier. No more blinders for me... Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Ok since I seen blinders on this also I have to ask. What do you do when you profusely glow or to you men sweat! My glasses steam up so bad regardless what I use on my lenses.

If I add blinders it's worse, I get no air circulating. Suggestions?

Deb

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Deb.. It is really simple. Take a bar of soap (any brand) and make an "X" on both sides of the lense. Use a soft cloth to polish the "X" off the lense until the lense is clean. Now, try to breath on the lense to fog it up. You can't can you? Works every time, even when I "glow", which I have a tendency to do when shooting with a good looking woman.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Trap2,

Thanks! The perfect excuse to purchase a new set of shootin' glasses. I really like the design as well.

Did you get the non-reflective coating on your lenses, or was it unnecessary?

ss

16. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

No, I didn't get the non-reflective coating. I don't have any trouble with reflection so I don't think it was necessary in my case. If I had to do it over again, I would more than likely get it. Can't hurt, ya know what I mean?... Dan

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Yes I do. Thanks again.

ss

18. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Have you tried Oakley M frames??

My son uses the Oakleys for the very same reason - prefers the wide field of view and the wrap around style eliminates the bounce back glare.

Hi Intensity Yellow Hybrids and the Hi Intensity Persimmon Hybrids are awesome colors for shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.