1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about shell tumbler

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Help.
    I bought a shell tumbler at a auction. I don't know how much media to add to how many shells? Mostly will be using 9mm,38's/357's,223's and 270's.
    Also what kind of media, seems there are 2 types corn cob and walnut.
    thanks for your help. Oh my tumbler is a Lyman turbo 1200
    mike t

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Try the link.

Wayne

3. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

For best results get both. If your cases are extremely dirty start with the walnut. Pour it a little over half full. Run it for about two hours. Then seperate the cases and pour the walnut into a container. Then wipe out the residue and pour in the corn cob media. This will put a nice clean shine on it. If you start with fairly clean cases just use the corn cob for about two hours. I use the Lyman treated media. You can use it for years. Just add some kind of polish once in a while.

Good loading.

4. mike T

mike T Member

thanks all
    mike t

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

MidwayUSA sells a tumbler under their "Frankford Arsenal" brand as well as "Quick-N-EZ Brass Polish for Vibratory Case Tumblers." It has a citrus aroma and every so often, you add a few teaspoons of it to the media while the machine is running and leave it run with no shells in it for a few minutes to fully distribute the polish.

Ed

6. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

If you want to double the life of your polishing media, add a few cut up peices of used "fabric softner sheets", the kind that go in the dryer. They act like dirt magnets and your media will stay clean a lot longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.