1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Ruger Red Label

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Flash0507, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash0507

Flash0507 TS Member

I'm looking at a Red Label at a local gun store. They are selling the gun as used but it is still new in the box. Someone bought the gun but is now selling it on consignment and it hasnt been fired. My question and concern is that when the action is closed it appears to lockup tight but the release is left of center. I looked at other new ones and the release was right of center on all of the other new ones I have looked at. Should I be concerned about this or is this normal on a Red Label? Thanks

2. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

call Ruger

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Run Away Fast. Get a real gun. Jeff

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Ruger makes a nice rifle.......time to run away though!!!

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've shot a number of Red Labels and they're good shotguns. That said, the lever shouldn't be left of center if the gun is "unfired". If you decide to go for it I suggest you factor in the cost of shipping the gun back to Ruger for the fitting of a new locking bolt subtracted from what you'd be willing to give for it if it didn't have this problem. Ruger might correct the problem for free but if you weren't the original NEW buyer I doubt it?

John C. Saubak

6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

If the gun is truly "new in the box" wouldn't the buyer be the original owner (particularly if the warranty card is still in the box)? Ruger is pretty good about fixing their firearms (they have had enough practice with their shotguns).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.