1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Remington 1100 Tournament Skeet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jm1079, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

May I ask the Remington experts how to determine the authenticity of a 12 gauge 1100 with a fixed skeet choke 26 inch barrel that is being represented as one of the older Tournament Skeet 1100s? Any info will be much appreciated. JM

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

JM, I am not sure if Remington did this, but I think so. Try checking the Serial numbers of the reciever and barrel to see if they match. If you look up Remingtonshotguns.com and find there website you can find out when the firearm was made. Even if you have to call them as I did with my 870 wingmaster that I got several years ago (made in 1984 fixed choke as well). If you call them I am sure that someone there can give you all the answers you are looking for. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My 1960's Remington 1100 with original 26" fixed skeet choke barrel is stamped "Skeet B" on the side of the receiver. There was a "Skeet A" too.

According to the Blue Book the Tournament Skeet (12 & 20) was made 1963-1994 and 1996-1997 and reintroduced in 2003 (12 ga. only).

Jim Skeel

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i don't believe they stamped the guns skeet a. the ones that were stamped skeet b had the nice hand cut checkering and i believe that was it. the older ones had the flat rib and not sure if there were any marks on the gun representing skeet other then the barrel. thay are all the same internal parts. check the serial number for the age of the gun

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Take the stock off. If the stock has not been changed it will be marked SA where the stock meets the receiver. SA guns were not always marked Skeet. Jeff

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

For starters, the receiver will be stamped "Skeet-T".

The checkering will be cut rather than rolled, and no fleur de lis pattern.

After that you have to use the serial number.

The latest barrels will be marked with a warning to read the instruction book, older ones do not have this.

HM

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Early Skeet guns will have Skeet,Skeet-B or nothing at all. I have the original 1963 Remingtom catalog. The Skeet-T guns are Tournament grades and came much later. Jeff

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Like halfmile says... All you need to do is look at the side of the gun. If it doesn't say skeet t then it's not a Tournment grade. As for the wood it was much nicer with no presed checkering. Jeff

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

My thanks to all of you for your input. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 remington tournament skeet
remington 1100 12 gauge tournament skeet
remington 1100 20 ga skeet not labeled skeet b
remington 1100 skeet t tourment

remington 1100 tournament skeet

remington 1100 tournament skeet 12 gauge