1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about reloading components

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by XTFreak, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

I am starting my "comeback" to trap shooting after a 5 year layoff.

I was loading 20gr Intl Clays, STS hull, WT-12 wad, Winchester 209 at 1-1/8oz

I cannot find any Win 209 or WT-12 locally so I settled for Claybuster WAA12 replacement and Fiocchi 616 primers ..... will I have to chrony my loads or can I safely substitute the wads and primers? Also, I was told once I use the Fiocchi primers, I am married to them ... they screw up the hull for other brands ... is that true?

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The hodgdon website shows 19.4grs not 20 w/ the Fiochi primer for a 1200fps load which you don't specify but I assumed you want. Yes, you are married to the F primers. The F primers are oversized and will enlarge the primer hole.

3. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

XTF, I have made that switch, and have had NO primer problem. I can switch back and forth, and the primers are NOT loose. I am using the same wad and hull, but Titewad (mostly because of cost), and it does a good job for me.

Norman

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Both people are right depending on the age of the primers. The older Fiocchi primer were over-sized but the newer ones are 209's made to fit the American market.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.