1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about PW 800B

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by made half, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. made half

made half TS Member

thinking of buying a used 800B but not sure of a couple things.

1:does it resize?
    2:can Hydrlyics be attached?
    3: can you remove any shell from any position if needed?

thanks

tony

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes
    Yes
    No

Ed Yanchok

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Are replacement parts available for it?

No... well, maybe a few, but the factory no longer supports that model.

Lister

4. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Lots of parts are interchangeable with the current models, and some are unique to the 800B. Carrol is correct, but I have not had a problem with parts. Whiz is the man, if you have specific questions. Billy

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Tony, it depends if the press has been retro-fitted with the removable die setup if you can remove shells at any station. Both Whiz and Jim Cunningham have parts, but how many and how long remains to be seen. Hydraulic operation is possible, but there's a new electric motor drive that's the cat's whiskers, and highly recommended by me, since I have one. There's both a hand or foot toggle for it, but I prefer the hand unit for safety's sake. Tony, it's a great machine and will last many years; but there's much to learn about wad depth seating & such, and the primer feed system. go for it, if the price is right. best wishes.....mike

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

If you are STILL considering the purchase of an 800-B , talk to Whiz White and be prepared to answer specific questions . There is little doubt that an 800-B in good condition can still deliver years of good service IF IT HAS BEEN MAINTAINED AND IS IN GOOD CONDITION . Whiz is honest and will be up-front with you .

If you are hoping to get in for a low dollar , you may be disappointed --- but you need the advice of someone with experience like Whiz .

Charlie

7. made half

made half TS Member

Thanks all. I hope Whiz weighs in as he sems to be the Man regarding this machine. The price is 300.00 and it appears to be in fine condition.

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Tony, does it have the removable die system? If not, for $300 it seems a good deal, and you can add the die system + with the shorter dies (cost a wash) and add the very nice final crimp stage to the ejection plunger. .....mike

9. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Tony: It can do everything you ask if it is updated to do so!If it is a standard older model 800-B.It should have the brass primer feed also,This is one of the parts that PW will no longer be making.If it doesn't have it already you want the removable die system and the tapered crimp kit too!All these parts cost around 440 bucks.The hydrolic kit is more money on top of that.Whiz has a sale ongoing at present and this is brand new material!

10. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

I have Spolar hydraulics on mine,works great.I mounted my unit on a metal office desk,I sandwiched the desk between two pieces of plywood and it works great,us the drawers for storage,and the top oones for wads on one side and empty hulls on the other side.Good luck and I hope this helps.Yukon Jack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pw 800b