1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about poi of a 4 notch mx10rs barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by James L Balog, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

Quicl question about a 35" mx10rs barrel that I can't seem to find on the web.

How high can I get the gun to shoot with figure 8 beads? My guess was 90/10 or a bit higher but if you know for sure please let me know

Thanks

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

James this may help

Shawn

3. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

Thanks guys that's what I was looking for.

I may have to get a few more notches cut into it eventually. I've been shooting much higher poi. I have been wanting to come back down to the 80/20- 90/10 range though, I think it will improve my scores. Atleast having this rib will force me to try it.

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Just play with the comb spacers. It shoots per that chart with the beads stacked, so just add a spacer to the comb and it will shoot a bit higher. Then you can work your way down if you want and you don't need to cut any more notches.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

James, if by Figure 8 you mean stacked beads, then you are almost correct. My 35" MX-10RS barrel shoots about 9" high in the lowest (front) rib position with buried beads. With stacked beads is is 11" high. 12" high would be 90/10. By the way, the appropriate comb spacers to use are 2mm per rib step, not .125".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.