1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QUESTION......about PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Quick question about the PFS. I have aquired a good used PFS, and I am installing today on K-80. Just to be sure, as it does not state this in the owners manual, does this unit compress, around a total of say 1/2" at most? I didn't know, and I have never used one before. I know you can adjust for tensin, and mine is set where I think I want to start, but just checking with someone out there about the actual total compression. ........Thanks, Rob

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Install the unit and compress it while it holding it. If the comb or mount bracket hits your thumb, you can loosen the screws and slide it back, but be careful to move it strait back so you don't change your cast.

3. pheasantsgalore

Thanks Setterman, but the comb hitting my thumb is a no issue. I was just wondering if the unit itself, only travels around 1/2" with recoil. Seems like most other recoil devices travel about this much, just wasn't sure if was pretty much the same with the PFS, since I am totally unfamiliar with them. Thanks.......Rob

4. pheasantsgalore

Quick question about the PFS. I have aquired a good used PFS, and I am installing today on K-80. Just to be sure, as it does not state this in the owners manual, does this unit compress, around a total of say 1/2" at most? I didn't know, and I have never used one before. I know you can adjust for tensin, and mine is set where I think I want to start, but just checking with someone out there about the actual total compression. ........Thanks, Rob

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Install the unit and compress it while it holding it. If the comb or mount bracket hits your thumb, you can loosen the screws and slide it back, but be careful to move it strait back so you don't change your cast.

6. pheasantsgalore

Thanks Setterman, but the comb hitting my thumb is a no issue. I was just wondering if the unit itself, only travels around 1/2" with recoil. Seems like most other recoil devices travel about this much, just wasn't sure if was pretty much the same with the PFS, since I am totally unfamiliar with them. Thanks.......Rob

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had a PFS on an MX-2000 and will be getting another one in the future ... Yes, they compress about a 1/2 inch (approx) though I never really measured it ... I adjusted mine so it did not bottom out when I shot or all it was doing was getting a running start at your hitting your shoulder ... Take your time and get it adjusted right and you will love the thing, if you don't you probably won't like it ... Once I figure out which gun I am going to shoot and stay with I will be getting another PFS, they are the best bar none ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. pheasantsgalore

WPT........Thanks,.....I am looking forward in using mine. Just never tried one before. Have shot a G-squared unit, but this is a first with the PFS. I know that Pat Ireland, who is on this site a lot, seems to like his too!! Thanks again........Rob

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rob- The unit can compress much more than 1/2 inch. Mine is set to begin compression between 18-20 pounds (using a bathroom scale). I don't know how much it does compress when I am shooting it but my guess is less than an inch. The PFS is a great device with nearly infinite adjustments. All of the adjustments are great but can cause problems if you turn too many screws. I would suggest you make one adjustment at a time. I wish I would follow my advice.

Pat Ireland

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i love mine but actually had to tighten it up slightly because I was getting all the shock and recoil into my wrist. It can get too loose trying to absorb recoil. It should be comfortable. motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.