1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about PFS stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claybrdr, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Asked this in another thread but it got lost. It looks these stocks have a parallel comb and my question is: how low can the drop be set? I ask because most Sporting Clays shooters have much more drop than Trap Shooters since they tend to shoot more "low gun" with their head more erect. Dropping targets really don't go well with guns that are set up to shoot high and it seems that Trap Shooters are the main proponents of the PFS.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The comb can be set with different length post higher in the rear lower in the front, comes with a few different sizes.. You best bet is to call Vern http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/ and ask him about your particular model.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

claybrdr- The comb can be set parallel, more drop at the front or more drop at the back. Total comb travel on my PFS is 1.75 inches (that is a lot). I can easily see how I could modify the comb to go 1/4 inch lower than it comes from the factory. With this modification, the comb can be lowered so you could only see the receiver and not the rib. That should be low enough to miss every target.

Pat Ireland

4. dshot

dshot Member

They are too heavy for sporting clay shooting, I have tried them on my Krieghoff with 12 and 20 Ga. barrels, and it's to slow on fast targets in the woods. great for trap and recoil reduction.
    David

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Pat.

I'm concerned about the weight as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.