1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

~~~ Question about Percentage of Shooters ~~

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ZeroHero, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

I just got my Dec. Trap and Field and was looking at the Honor Roll and the Award for AA-27-AA.

What percentage of shooters will break 100 straight. (singles, handicap, doubles)

What percentage of shooters will reach the 27 yard line.

What percentage of shooters will make it to AA-27-AA.

Thank you in advance,

Duke

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Just my experience...when you hear complaining about "too many 100 straights," it's almost always coming from someone who DIDN'T shoot one, and are pist because someone ELSE did and took THEIR money.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Denile is a river in Egypt, junior...once you shoot your first 25 straight, then you can come pontificate.

4. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Jerry,

You do know that you are communicating with an anal orifice. The only thing you're going to get is hot air that stinks.

Jon.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

K80...would that be POOF_OF_DUNG. LOL

Jerry B..... I would hope to believe that the majority of readers agree with you.

Bill

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- Lets hope POD is correct and we get some cream puff targets this year. I don't recall any last year.

Pat Ireland

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I shot at a club with fast targets,,,they claim its set at 60mph. After watching a round and then missing my 3 shot I felt it was not much different. I shot a 23 24 25. Now their extreme angles where another story. Not ATA. So can the average shooter really tell the difference between a 45mph target and a 60mph? I always just shoot my best, I also shoot a bit of sporting so different speeds/ presentations im exspecting. SHUT UP AND SHOOT. As far as trap is concerned get it in range of the height and max angles and let them fly. I just do not think most people could tell you "yup that ones going over 50mph....blah blah blah.

8. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

This just confirms why I don't post very often!

Also confirms why you look at the new counters and see 10x the people looking as posting.

Duke

9. ink ball

ink ball Member

Just read an article in Shotgun Sports magazine that stated only 10% of trap handicap shooters make it to the 27 yard line.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

maclellan,

Believe me, if you got some 60mph targets, you would know it!

11. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Prince of darkness are you AA27AA? Please respond to the direct question?

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

POD is like a Clinton (either one will do)...they'll never respond "directly to a direct question".

Curt

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- I only shoot practice targets to try and improve my ATA shooting. Shooting at fast and wide targets is not a good way to improve shooting ATA targets.

Pat Ireland

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I do not shoot this club often, but when they come up to our house they always comment on how slow our targets are. I just do not think the "average shooter would be able to tell the difference. Maybe I miss read the post here, I am still chasing my 100 straight, got my 25s 50s 75s and my best ATA score to date is a 96. My average is not that good. I have seen a lot of crying about target settings etc ect. For me as long is it doesnt look like wobble trap I shoot what comes out. What where the settings before the soft targets came into play.

15. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Can someone please tell me how to throw a 60-mph target if the target is of legal height and distance?

I have found, through what little experience I have, it takes approximately 1-mph per yard thrown. Of course this assumes that the target is of legal height. And yes, I am sure it does, makes a small difference, if that same target is thrown just a few feet above sea level or at a Denver CO gun club.

But come on now, we ARE talking about legal targets, aren't we?

Mark

16. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mac, We set some 60 mph targets once just fooling around. Set the height at 9 ft, Looked like they were still climbing at the 50 yd stake.

Jim

17. 682LINY

682LINY Member

{SIC},,,as usual P_O_D adds his tiraide,,,,wich by the way did not answer the question asked ,,,as he berates others for doing ,,,,than tucks his appendage between his legs and runs off,,,P_O_D when someone askes a question,,,answer it or stay on the porch with the little dogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what percent of trap shooters can shoot a 25