1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Perazzi Selectable Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I just put a post up looking for a Perazzi selectable trigger. On another web site I found the following comment concerning possible doubleing with a selectable trigger. Can anyone give me any information on this. Following in "" is the post from another gun thread:

"I specified non-selectable for my Perazzi MX8 because their selectable triggers double if you don't put the gun on safe before changing the barrel order. In all the clay shooting that I've done with this gun I have never once wished for a selectable option"

Is the above correct and has anyone had this happen to them?

Doug

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The major "issue" for Perazzi factory external selectable trigger is people forget to put on safety first.

Let me make it clear for those had no experience with the "doubling" issue.

You must put on safety first before you switch firing order. Or the gun WILL double. You'll look like a shocking fool on the firing line (it happened to ALL my friends at least one time or the other).

This also means, you must remember to put safety off before you pull the trigger. Or you'll look like a fool after you call the birds (guess how did I found out this one).

I don't know why trap shooters ever need a selectable trigger. I have factory selectable triggers on my Sporting guns, but don't remember if I ever feel the need to use it.

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

Steve I shoot with a top single now rather than the unsingle and the trigger I have fires bottom barrel first for the double barrel. I thought that a selectable would avoid the need to by a top firing first trigger but maybe that is a safer bet and just change out the trigger group when changing the barrels rather than mess with the selection option.

Doug

4. Carol S

Carol S TS Member

I also have a top single combo which came with two triggers. I personally find it a hassle to switch out the triggers when I switch between the single and the o/u. I love the ease of the selectable trigger and have never had a problem remembering to put it on safety when I move the selector switch--I did once, however, forget to take it off safety afterward. But I only did that once. It was indeed embarrassing.
    Carol

5. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I have owned and shot Perazzis both with and without selectable triggers and I have never had the gun fire or double on me. First of all you never change a trigger with a loaded gun

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I own enough selectable triggers to lose count. great stuff kemosabe. Easily the best triggers ever made.

Don't get me wrong... I may be shooting a Seitz next year..

All these triggers are good. Bs, Ks, Ss, Ps, CGs, F3s, Rs,... Just get used them.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I, respectfully, have to disagree with Jack (MIA) as to how good these triggers are. I have owned, and shot, several of them, and found they ALL, at one time or another, had to be re-tuned to get back the proper pull settings after a very short time. I don't think I ever had one that went a full season without having to have the pull weights re-adjusted. They just never worked out for me..... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

says a Precison owner. Also a great trigger.

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Doug, I see your point. IMO, you might want to consider an internal selectable, or do a conversion to save a lot of money. It's easy to switch firing order with the trigger out or partially out, flip the inertial block and you are safe from doubling.

In the process you eliminate the possibility of not putting safety off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.