1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Perazzi matching numbers.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DTrykow, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Looking for clarification about Perazzi's matching numbers. I bought a TMX Special locally and looked it over. Owners Father shot it and said it was all matching and never remembered anything being replaced or serviced for that matter. Well instantly I took it apart when I got home and noticed "522" on all of the pieces except the stock. Stock was marked "526". Being only 4 off intrigues me. Why? What are the odds of him replacing his stock with one that was numbered that close? Thanks guys, Dave T.

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

One of the big selling points of Perazzi's has always been the ease in which you could switch one stock for another so I wouldn't be suprised or even think to look at any number that might be stamped on it.

With respect to the odds of having one that close --- obviously 100% --- you have the proof in your hands.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In some cases, seeking matching #s on these non-collectable guns are like looking for a virgin to marry. they both can be made to believe, and they don't perform any better. :)

Here're examples of what I encountered in the past, nicely filled and re-stamped ser. #s. Pretty good job.

stevew_2008_0303109.jpg

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve. That analogy is funny.

And Dave, the stock may have been swapped at the time of purchase. If (for example) you buy a new P gun from Stafford and you want something specific in the buttstock (like more cast off) he will switch them out and you'll be on your way. Many, many have been sold that way during the Vandalia years.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thanks Guys: Just making sure. I may end up selling this TMX Special and want to have my facts straight. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.