1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about Perazzi from a new poster

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lawsond, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawsond

lawsond TS Member

Hello, all...

I've been a avid shooter since I was 10 when Grandpa took me out and let me shoot his .22/.410. I was hooked and never looked back. We shot trap together until his death when I was 16--I'm now almost 40. I inherited that 22/410 and still hunt squirrel with it.

I also inherited his single-barrel Perrazi trapgun, of which I know nothing. I was cataloging what's in my gun safe for insurance purposes when I took that gun out and realized that I had absolutely no idea of it's worth. (I'm required by my rider to list serial numbers and approximate value.)

I was wondering if any of you could tell me an approximate worth or tell me where I can find such information. Searching for the name at a gun auction site yielded only Perazzis worth 5-10,000K. (I'm betting Grandpa's gun is not worth that...)

I think it is a TM-1, though there are no markings on either the barrel or the reciever to indicate such. I make that guess based only on my amateur research and suggestions from people posting on other sites. It is a single barrel, chambered for 2 3/4 inch shells, has a detachable forestock, and is stamped in Italian that is was manufactured in Italy by A. Perazzi. (That is an approximate, as the gun is in the other room and locked up.) The other side of the barrel notes that it went through the Ithaca gun company in NY. The Perazzi stamp is on both sides of the reciever and the opening mechanism. Other than that there are no model numbers or names on the thing.

It does have a release trigger, which I am not eager to keep. But I have no idea how to get rid of a release trigger for a Perazzi nor how much it's worth.

Any amateur information or guidance anyone can give as to its value would be much appreciated.

2. lawsond

lawsond TS Member

THank you all! I appreciate your help. And thanks, Ed, for the offer. I'll call when I can give it my undivided attention.

DL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.