1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about my Custom TM-1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Marplot, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

I bought a custom TM-1 Perazzi from one of the members here. It has fully engraved sideplates that are different from any other TM-1 I have seen. The gun was engraved after leaving the factory. I wonder if the sideplates were added at that time? Or could it have been ordered with plain sideplates.

Appreciate some ideas as to how this came to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The TM-1 does not have replaceable side plates, that is the reciever and Bbl that is engraved.

Whoever did it did a nice job.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

Gary,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I should have asked why is the receiver different from the other TM-1s I have seen?

The engraver is not usually known for working on Perazzi, Angelo Bee.
    [​IMG]

4. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

Rick,

The serial number and proof marks show it to be a 1974 Perazzi. Any other pictures I can supply that would help with ID?

It has an unmarked coil spring, drop-out trigger group.

5. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

Wow, a second to a beautiful gun, to bad the engraver did a golden instead of a chesie ,

Pete

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Angelo Bee is an outstanding gun engraver. The gun also appears to have been restocked. Side plates can be added as separate plates to a TM-1. After engraving, the line between the side plates and the receiver cannot be seen easily. There are two screws that are in the photo. The rear screw could be used to hold on an added sideplate but the forward screws appears to be in the area of the receiver well in front of any added sideplates. At first I though the gun was an SCO grade with factory sideplates, but none of these I know of had screws.

Pat Ireland

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Seeing that Angelo Bee did the engraving, it's highly likely Bee had a machine shop cut the receiver to except the plates.

Doug

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Marplot,, that sure is a dandy looking gun regardless of how it came to be!! Hap

9. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

Thanks. Here are a few more images. It has 11 2-color gold inlays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

It is possible that the sideplates were machined for the gun. It is hard to see lines where metal meets metal, for instance try to see where the trigger group meets the bottom of the receiver. Then see where I have partially removed the trigger group.

Bee did an awesome job on this gun. It is certainly one of my very favorites!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

TM series never came with side plates, Perazzi will not accept special order for it. This is an after market add on by Angelo Bee, a great Italian engraver lives in S. California. He engraved some of my trigger guards and rifle floor plates.

The add on side plates were attached on to receiver cut outs with wedges, similar to the factory side plate models of the MX series but not on the same location, then hold in place with screws.

This is the most beautiful TM I have ever seen in person while it's in a famous double guns dealer on consignment from a known trapshooter, it wasn't very tight at the time, but it's in perfect working condition. Everyone who looked at it were impressed by it's beauty and most of them wish it's expenses were spend on a more expensive model.

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Engraving the exterior shouldn't remove any of the hardening from the receiver's interior mating surfaces. Why would it wear faster than a non-engraved gun?

Ed

13. Steve W

To cut the receiver for newly made side plate inserts, Angelo would annealing the metal.

So shoot it as is, to tighten a Perazzi is one of the easiest. Enjoy this beautiful gun, it worth the expenses.

Just for the record, I'd bought it if it's on a MX-8 frame.

I'll delete my comment after you read and reply. There're a lots of these guns out there that worth a lots of money. No need to upset owners.

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

SteveW, are you saying this guys Perazzi receiver is soft as a Browning or a
    Krieghoff model 32 shotgun? If the perazzi shotguns were hardened, you would not have problems with the firing pin hole in the recoil face being peened over.

15. Steve W

The above statement is one of the reason I want to delete my comment. LOL.

If anyone think Browning & that K gun is soft, obviously it didn't stop people from buying them.

Anyway, let's not go into this topic more, here's my old factory sideplate 20 ga. the lines where the removable sideplates are covered with fine engravings, but you can see the light reflection shows a fine line near the bottom of the receiver.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Let me state this again, "Metal left soft is better than brittle from improper hardening."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tm 1

perazzi tm1 receiver face