1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Question About Miroku Superior Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gunn, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I have a friend who is eye balling a Charles Daly Miroku Superior Trap. He is new to the game and wants to know if these are any good and what is a fair price to pay for one. I told him I would throw it out to the forum and see what comes back. Thanks, in advance. Tim
  2. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Tim, I have had a few and currently have a 32". I believe they are based on the Browning Citori. Some have coil springs and some have "V" springs. I believe a fair price for a Single barrel would be in the $700 to $750 range.

Mike Adcock
  3. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Mike, thanks, Tim
  4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Like Mike said...but some fans of the guns would say the Citori was based on the Charles Daly! :) An excellent Browning gunsmith told me these were some of the strongest guns Browning Daly ever made. Martinpicker
  5. AAtrap

AAtrap Active Member

Gunn, is this a SB or an O/U? I think 750 dollars for a Superior grade in very good condition would be more than fair. I bought a Venture grade O/U several years ago that had a raised Simmon's rib on it for 750 dollars. I have owned an MX-8, a DT-10, and presently an MX-14. I shoot the Daly better for doubles than any of the others. Last year I decided to shoot the MX-14 come hell or high water. I lowered my doubles avg. by about 5 points. This year I'm back shooting the Daly. Mine has coil springs in it for what it's worth.

There's a poster on here that goes by I think, "the Rock" Jim, who is very knowledgeable about the Dalys.

Steve Elliott
  6. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Steve, it is a O/U. Thanks, Tim
  7. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Tim,

All the above is correct and the Charles Daily Miroku was built on the Browning pattern back when all the machining capabilities at Browning was focused on the milatary BAR's and such. Now, to my understanding the original Dailys, O/u's and Singlr were manufactured with leaf springs which at one time were very hard to come by. Since then Brownells has picked them up in the parts listing and offer upper and lowers. There is a gun smith in Conn. that does a coil spring conversion which I have used in the past also. They are great guns for the money and sold new in the 80's for $334.00 and presently Superior grade single bring $500 to $800 and O/u's briong $500 to $900 based on condition. The Superior grade O/u's were offered in with a Broadway rib in 30"and 32" barrels and these bring a little more. Don
  8. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Don: Thank you, I appreciate the information. I will pass this on to my friend. I think is is offering $550.00 for it and it does look good. Do you know how much the conversion costs? If possible I would like to pass this info on also. Tim
  9. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I appreciate this feedback. That's what I like about this forum. Tim
  10. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I had one loved it worked fine etc.. but low resale value?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.