1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Juniors at ATA Shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I haven't been to an ATA shoot and I am a junior shooter. I don't know if anyone on here would know for sure, but I am wondering if a junior shooter needs a parent with them when they are at a registered ATA shoot. Thanks, Josh.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Josh- You are not required to have a parent with you. Sign up and meet new friends. You will be in the Jr category, but you will still be one of the shooters and will be immediately accepted by all of the other shooters. Sit down at a table with 4 other guys of any age. Mention that this is your first shoot and you need a few pointers. You could end the shoot with a couple of new parents. I know one Jr shooter that has about 15 fathers who look after him.

Pat Ireland

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I think its great that you are interested in shooting ata in NYS I think if under you under 18 you need a parent but I,m not positive.I just shot yesterday on a squad with a young man he was nevouse at first but after he learned that we were going treat him just like he was one of us he calmed down and shot good.I hope you have fun at your first ata event and if you ever make it to wny you are more then welcome to squad with me.

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks for the information guys. I hope to make it to a couple of shoots in Iowa this year. Josh

5. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Josh, I don't know how old you are......but any of the kids are really great about meeting other kids. many of the kids that shoot ATA have facebook accounts or my space accounts and they have shooting groups on there. I know Bry has met several kids online and then meets them in person at the shoot. It is a great way to meet some of the kids......just thought I would mention it to you.

Good Luck in your shooting!!

Lorna Hull

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Lorna Hull- I would take, with due respect, just a little exception to your above comment. Shooting is a great way for a young person to make friends with other people of any age.

I started as a 10 year old trap boy and began shooting a little when I was 17. At the club, I could have friendly conversations with a Congressman, several Lawyers, Businessmen, a Judge, Physicians, Farmers and a Night-Club owner. I could discuss, as an equal, politics, law, medicine and adult entertainment with these friends when I was 16 years old.

Pat Ireland

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I started shooting when I was 14 and am now 17. 1 of the guys from the Izaak Walton that I shoot at also shoots ATA, so I may talk to him about it if I see him any time soon. Otherwise, I'm always up for meeting new people, especially if it's someone that posts on here. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.