1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about how the power outage was handled

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oz, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

If the governor declares a state of Emergency does that over ride the Union work force ? Reason this came to thought I was a power company lineman years ago I was involed with the DOT at the begeinning and I remember if we had major storms and the governor declared state of emergency all that DOT laws went out the window . In other words time on the clock didnt matter anymore with operating equipment . Now all this was 18 to 20 years ago as far as DOT was concerned. I'm surprised that they the unions would have any say so if it was a state of emergency.

Jim

2. 548

548 Guest

I am a union employee. I think this was a miscalculation by the union in an attempt to get union dues from what they guessed was going to be an onslaught of temporary line workers. I do think the temp workers were fools for not signing on, just for the safety aspect alone. But more than that, it was mistake for the union to make the move they did at a time of disaster. It set back the already low public support for employee unions.

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

The declaration of a state of emergency might only be binding if the governor is willing to enforce it as far as the union is concerned. Regarding the DOT laws, I would bet that in this day and age they would not be overridden due to safety concerns.

Pat

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

1oz

I think you are right, but New York and New Jersey are not part of the United States and not subjects to our laws. ;-)

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.