1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Hornady 366 reloader?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Ok, I have read manual but still lost. I bought a used loader that already had shot and powder in the hoppers. I want to check to see what bushings are in there, and to dump out the powder. How do I get hoppers off with powder and shot in there?

Matt

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Matt,

Stand in front of the loader. Locate the base of the powder and shot tubes. On the right side of the base there is a flange that is at a right angle to the base. Remove the screw/bolt/knob that is protruding from the flange.

Look to the rear of the base on the left side and you'll see a machine screw with a washer at the rear that is holding down a plate. Remove said screw. One these are both removed, gently lift up on the base and slightly lean to the left.

Remove caps, one at a time, and pour content into container(s).

ec90t

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

thanks for all the help

Matt

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

On my 366 I have a shot shut off plate as well as a powder shut off slider. Once I shut off both of these I can unscrew the little black bolt that holds the whole powder/shot bar assembly on the frame. With the screw out you can remove both tubes full of shot/powder and as one unit. As long as you have the tube caps on you can then turn the tubes upside down, remove the shot bar and check the bushing. Make sure you have the shut-offs shut off prior to removing the unit or else you'll have shot or powder all over the place. I know of what I speak! LOL

JB=Jerry Beach

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Wow it's been awhile since I had a 366 I sold it to my mail man he is dead now ok he was only early 60's so that isn't that old anymore, but im sure it is still out in his shed because his wife isn't much on reloading and anything that he used to like to do.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.