1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about grand!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cardude, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardude

Cardude TS Member

Have never shot reg targets I thought that I might go to grand for a day or 2 just to see the vendors and watch but was wondering if there is any shooting i could do maybe a open singles event! Just a thought !

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You can shoot practice all you want. Or join the ATA ($20) and shoot in an event.

I think the sporting clays courses will also be open, but I'm not certain of that.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You can shoot many of the events available however you will have to shoot penalty Class and Yardage.

According to the Grand Program under Classification says.

1) Shooters who do not have a total of 1000 16 yard targets registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the last day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships will be advanced (1) class or more at the discretion of the CHC. Shooters with less than 500 registered single targets will be placed in Class B or higher at the discretion of the CHC.

Handicap says.

2) No, participant shall be classified to shoot Handicap events at less than 25..0 yards unless they have a minimum of 1000 registered Handicap targets in the current year. The 1000 handicap targets must have been registered beginning the first day after the last day of previous Grand American World Championships through the last day of preliminary week of the current Grand American Championships. However, participants who fail to meet Grand American Handicap qualification as described above shall have the choice of shooting targets only from their assigned yardage provided they waive and forfeit all rights to ATA Trophies, options, purses and added Money.

Above I have provided a link to the 2009 Grand program you can scan through it and see what interests you

You would have to shoot penalty because you do not have the target minimums but I can't find anywhere that it says that you can't shoot. If I were you I don't think I would plan on being in the winners circle but you would be able to participate. Good luck oh you must join the ATA

Bob Lawless

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

shoot targets only after you pay your ATA membership fees...

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Better make it a day or 3! That place is awesome. It was when it was in Vandalia too.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You can try guns and shoot all the practice you want. I don't know about the games whether you have to be ATA member or not.

Don

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Cardude, This year the Grand is dedicating the western trap banks to shotgun games as well as practice. Should be fun and a great way to become familiar with top-flight registered trapshooting. Also I know that Leo Harrison is having a clinic during the preliminary days and there may be other fine instructors there as well.

By all means go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.