1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about eyes ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WesleyB, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

My daughter has contacts for astigmatism.

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Use the dime size bifocals at the bottom of the lense. Just ask any Decot Dealer, they will know about them. Contacts and shooting glasses have not worked for anyone I know and I have been a Decot Dealer for several years. Everyone I have ordered prescriptions for have loved them and stopped the contacts when shooting.

Just an opinion as I have never needed prescriptions for distance. Just for when my arms are not long enough.

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Lucky me, my eyes got so bad I had corrective surgery. I shot with no correction and need glasses only to read with. I too spent several hundred $$ every year.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Gary, I was thinking along the same lines as you. I tried contacts and I have an astigmatism in my shooting eye. I could not get them to work. A good friend, who has worn contacts for years, says my contacts weren't fitted properly. I spoke with my Eye Doctor and he told me that I would get better vision from glasses than contacts and that at my age (55) my eyes should stabilize and I shouldn't need different lenses for some years. So, I ordered a new set of prescription lenses. Hopefully, his predictions are correct. Bill Malcolm

5. Mojo

Mojo Member

Stick on bifocals at Optx 2020....

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I tried the contact hting and it didn't work out. My street glasses had bifocals and my shooting glasses were just distance correction.

NOw I have had cataract surgery a year ago and use plano lenses for shooting. (And cheapie Walmart weakass readers when I read. 1.50 works fine.)

HM

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have astigmatism and my ophthamologist suggested that contacts might work for me. I went to the contact lens expert and after examining my eyes he said no they would not work for me something about the irregular surface of my cornea. Contacts would be great if they are for you. You only need the closeup to read the program not to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.