1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Citori differences Pre-76

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Does anyone know what the differences between a pre 1976 Citori and a 76 and later are specifically with regard to the receiver? Can a stock from a pre 76 gun be fit to a post 76 with a little extra inletting or do the sideplate areas differ in geometry and make the alteration impossible?

Jeff

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I can't really answer your question, sorry...but Dean at Skeet's Guns in Tahlequa, OK can. He just finished bringing my 1975 Citori up to date, and when I dropped off the gun he rattled off the differences to me. Most of the differences he mentioned were mechanical dealing with the firing mechanism. But, I have no doubt he can answer your question. Jack

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the pre 76 citori,s have a charles daly/miroku style reciver. john brownings receiver design came in 76.i don,t know about the stocks but the barrels will not interchange the receivers are ever so slightly different.also pre 76 citoris have leaf springs while later ones have coil springs.dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.