1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Allem's Gun Craft

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VAMiket, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

Question about Allem

Has anyone bought a K-80 Trap Special from them, if you have how was your experience. Also if you had one of their custom stocks built, how was it?

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Nice people to deal with. puablo

3. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I purchased a Trap Special from them a few years ago with an offset stock.

No problem at all with them. Very nice to deal with.

4. DANNY

DANNY Member

Sky Dog, My dealing's with Allem's has been good.
    Bought my first Kreighoff from them a KX5 good price, good gun, good experience. Had them make a soft comb for it from scratch, great workmanship, fair price & turn around time. Have a Browning 425 that I got caught in the rain with & it rusted bad, broke a major part getting it open, Allems done the repair, nice hand fitting job on part, price & repair time was good. Took a friends KS5 to them for a release trigger. Trigger, price & time was good. Had another friend had them make a left hand stock for his MX8 this was a very nice looking stock, I shot it, it was very comfortable to shoot. Had them put a roller release in my K80 that I did not buy from them, because I bought it used & I am very pleased with it. Had a little problem with repair time but it was only because of a communication problem. As you can see if I have a shotgun problem I go to Allems first. They are convenient for me because thay are only 2-2.5hrs. drive from me. Mr. Allems may seem to be a little short with his answers & somewhat grouchy, but his answers are worth paying attension to. As you can see I have had good experience with the Allems family. Danny

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Mr.Allem is a little grouchy.

He could use some help in that department.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A friend of mine bought a new K-80 Trap Special combo from Allem's 2 years ago. Mr. Allem was very thorough and helpful. My friend was very happy with the deal and the gun.

Also, I had them put a release trigger in my wife's Beretta and it has worked flawlessly for the past 6 or so years.

I have found the Allem's extremely easy to work with and they've been very pleasant to be around.

I suspect Mr. Allem may get "grouchy" when dealing with people who have unpleasant personalities, tire kickers and cheapskates.

Curt

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I dealt with them once and NEVER AGAIN !!!!! ( Long story )

8. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

John Allem did work on my trap gun himself over 30 years ago. Excellent work and care. In 2009, after many years away from trap, I again returned to Allem's for more trap gun work on two guns, (a 101 & KX5) for advice and also a lesson on his trap field. I have always been satisfied with their turn around and attention. The two boys share the gunsmithing and they know their trade, they are precise and keep a clean shop. I can not speak to any custom stock work,however.

John is an ATA award winning shooter, and that helps separate his company from other gun shops too. I notice he now carries several lines of trap guns, and also used guns posted on his website.

js in PA

9. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

I bought mine there and would never make another purchase there.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If U like it perfect thats the place to go---I never met many gun dealers that aren't grouchy after dealing with people who are always trying to beat them down---I have dealt with John and Nancy and the sons for yrs now and would recomend them to anyone---Try to get an appointment and that will tell U how good they are---I am waiting three mos now for a release trigger and my name is up soon---gL---sjb---

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

More than one person i know says he has a personallity problem. Never do business with this guy.I met him oner time and he turned me off.

12. COshooter

COshooter Member

If Allem's was the last place on earth to buy a gun, I would take up bowling.

There are plently of honest, pleasant folks out there who can sell you the same gun - and probably at a better price.

13. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

allems makes great release but guns are priced high mr allem needs better people skills.

14. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I had a BAD EXPERIENCE! Too many other dealers around to mess with them!

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Question about Allem

Allems makes a beautiful release;but this is my only experience with them. an ex shooting buddy of mine lost one screw on his release trigger for an Allem's release trigger on a BT-100. Allem would not send him a spare screw. They wanted the entire trigger, The shooter sold his gun.

Phil Berkowitz

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Don't listen to that crap---I'll bet there is a good reason for every negitive responce---I came to them as a nobody and they treated me great every time---U can't beat them for any ???s U may have---If U go with the right attitude and not expect more than is possible U will get the right info---I say again---try to get an appointment and there is a 3 mos wait---U can get into most others sooner---I have bought from them and can turn around with a profit---Yes John has a class A personably but so did Einstein---Just ask Nancy but I find him very reachable and the boys are the best---Just look at his sourndings---the yard and the shop---U can eat off the floor---Just venting also---try his roller release---bet many will dup in the future---George---sjb---

17. Boske

Boske TS Member

These people I have known for thirty yrs. They are family. I give them the greatest recomendation. If you want to go cheap. Go somewhere else. The best triggers in the country. Fair priced but the best.

Phil Boinske, Pa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
alems guns

allems gun craft

allems gun craft reviews
allems gun craftbrowning bt 100 cocking
allems gun crafts reviews
allems guncraft

allems guns

problems with allems gun craft