1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about a Citori Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I found a Citori XT Trap for 900.00 blued receiver, 32" barrel O/U Monte Carlo comb, no modifications made to it. The serial dates to back to 1987, seller says he is the only owner to it and it was his back-up gun.

Also comes with a few Briley chokes, and he had it back-bored and tear drop ported (by Briley). The wood is a glossy finish. I saw the pics he sent me and it looks like its in great shape. One plus is it would be a local deal and I can try it out before I buy it and no FFL, shipping costs, etc.

I know Citori's have a great reputation and replacement parts are easy to find.

But, I feel like I would be buying the same gun all over (this could be good or bad)cause I have a 525 with an add-a-rib to make it a trap gun, but for that price I will have 2 guns now and then I can save up for a nice Beretta like a 682 that I really want now but I need a second gun and I can't afford the Beretta at this time.

So looking into the future I want to get more involved with skeet and I can always remove the add-a-rib off of the 525 and make it a dedicated skeet gun and have 2 trap & 1 skeet instead of 3 trap guns.

What do you guys think??? I'm open to all suggestions/opinions?

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Are you sure it's an XT or just a Citori Trap? I didn't think a Citori XT was offered until 1999.

Wayne

3. open choke

open choke TS Member

I could be wrong I looked at the post on the board at the club and saw citori and trap and most likely assumed XT cause every citori trap I have seen was an XT.

So if we take out the XT does that really change anything?

4. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

If you decide to pass it up please let me know. If it is what he says, it is a very good deal, XT or NOT. I have a buddy that would probably buy it since he is always borrowing mine because his Verona keeps breaking down on him. Citori's are hard to beat when you are looking for a dependable Trap gun

Mark Williams

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

$900 for a Citori 32" Trap???

If it's in good condition...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

6. open choke

open choke TS Member

Thanks guys.....

Just spoke to him again he said the action is tight.

I guess I found my answer.

But even if it's over 20 yrs old?

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

open choke:

A 1987 model w/blued receiver doesn't sound like an XT. However, differences between a regular Citori trap and an XT are cosmetic not mechanical. Whether that matters is up to you.

"he had it back-bored" and "no modifications made to it" are mutually exclusive statements.

That said, I'm always suspicious of barrel modifications unless I can confirm they were done by a professional outfit. Even then, I want to evaluate it thoroughly to be sure something wasn't f'd up in the process. Otherwise, it sounds like a reasonable deal.

sissy

edited addition: It's all about condition. 20 years old aint nothing : )

8. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I have on tyhat was made in 1979 and it is the best shooting gun I have ever owned. The Citoris just cant be beat for reliability. Like i said if you pass on the deal PLEASE let me know Im sure the guy could have his money in 3 business days.

9. open choke

open choke TS Member

Recoil Sissy....

When I said no modifications made I meant that in regards to the stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.