1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about a 20 ga. SxS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have a chance to pick up an old S.S. Kresge 20-gauge SxS (made in Brazil), and I haven't shot it yet, but are the barrels oriented so that I point the SxS the same as an O/U (down the rib), or would I point each barrel at a bird? Thanks.

LA

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money.

Look at the Dehaan line of True Field Doubles. A True Field Double has two triggers and extractors, and is preferably a small frame 16 ga with fixed chokes.

Who would think I am Old School? LOL

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just look down the rib and then focus on the bird.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

At one point in time I owned 27 side by sides, all were USA mfg, Ithaca, Parker, LC Smith, A H Fox . These good SxS have the barrels regulated to superimpose the 2 patterns at 40 yards. I have no knowledge of high quality guns being made in Brasil. Who would fix it and where would you get parts?

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Time to re-visit this thread. No flames intended here.

This SxS has two triggers and extractors, M/F fixed chokes, 26" barrels and is in decent shape. As far as wasting my money, this gun is being offered by a good friend for $200. How much would a Dehaan cost me? If I pick this gun up, I will re-visit this thread once again and disclose the mfr's name. For $200, it seems like a pretty good deal.

LA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.