1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

question about 90t hpar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr. Dirt, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Dirt

Dr. Dirt TS Member

How tall are the ribs on a 90t hpar? Thinking about adding a rib to my low rib model. Thanks for any info.

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Dr. Dirt:

Because high rib 90-Ts have adjustable ribs, height at the muzzle will depend on how the rib is set. My HPAR 90-T is set in the adjustment hole nearest the muzzle. I don't know if that results in the highest or lowest poi setting.

The rib is 7/8" tall at the highest point on the receiver end and 9/16" at the muzzle end. Those measurements are from top of the barrel to top of the rib.

sissy

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If you set the POI the same for both ribs, the adj rib is 1/2" higher.

doug

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Doug:

I was thoroughly confused by your response until I figured out that the ratio of rib heights (receiver end vs muzzle end) is pretty much the same for a low rib AND a high rib 90-T.

I assume that means the rib and comb on a standard issue HPAR are 1/2" taller than rib and comb heights on an unaltered low rib. Correct?

If Dr. Dirt installs a 1/2" add-to rib to his low rib gun, wouldn't he need to raise his comb 1/2" to maintain the same poi?

sissy

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Whether he needs to raise the comb, depends on the size of his head, and, how he mounts his gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.