1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about 870 20 ga barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Does anyone know if a barrel marked LW 20 Gauge Magnum will fit on any standard 20 gauge 870 designed to fire 3 inch shells? I have an 870 20 Gauge Youth Express and am looking to put a fixed full choke 28" barrel on it in place of the youth 21" tube to get my 11 year old going on some trap targets. Is there any difference between barrels marked LW and those not?

Jeff

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

^ ttt

JK

3. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

I am 99.99% sure the only difference between the regular 20ga 870 express and the 20ga 870 express youth models are barrel length and stock length. I know for a fact that the 20ga LW barrel fits the regular 20ga express models. I would not hesitate to buy the LW barrel. Cost to manufacture different barrels for the youth model and the regular model would be too high.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I do know that the barrels for my 870 special field won't fit standard 20s and vice versa....the magazine ring is too close to the receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does my 870 express have a lw barrel