1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questiion for 1100 Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

If I had the bolt assembly,barrel and all the other parts from an 1100 standard 20 gauge, would I be able to put them on 1100 frame I have that is currently a 12 gauge, and have it work? Thanks. jm

2. DanLee

DanLee Member

I believe the magazine tubes are different diameters. If so, the 20-gauge gas collar won't fit over the 12-gauge tube.

Dan

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The shell latch and some other internal parts are different. I don't remember about the magazine tube diameter.

4. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

If you had a bad frame of a standard 1100 20 ga. that you were stripping for parts, and had all of them there available (including all loose internals and wood, barrel, etc.), then the last part to alter/change in the 1100 12 ga. is the feed throat for the specific gauge on top of the magazine tube. That would need to be changed, but there may also have been some residual metal left in place in the frame version used for the 20 ga. that would be used to help guide the shells from the tube and/or restrict the shells from passing the feed latch/shell stop mechanisms until the proper time.

Switching gauges is not an easy job when you are not familiar with all of the detailed changes that the factory engineered into the design.

You would best probably either sell the parts and get another complete one of your preference, or else get an identical gun and keep the parts for spares, or something else of your choosing.

Kirby

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks all of you for your info and settling an argument among friends. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.