1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ques. Rem Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perga1, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I just came across some Remington wads, about 5k of them. The bag says they are Power Piston, 12GA Target, 1-1/8 oz, #RPA12-W23694. Anyone know what hull these wads were designed for? They have a full length 1-1/8 oz, shot cup but the overall length is about 1/4" shorter than any other wad I have. Were they designed for use with a card or for a hull that had a very high base wad? Any ideas? JRM

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

early rem hulls had a fiber base wad that took up space the rem PP was to keep the wad near top of shell. They dont crush easy so crimp would open if shot was not right

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Ross, shorter than the Red WW. Ricks1, I suspect you may be right but I have never seen the hull you speak of. If anyone has a number of those hulls and is willing to pay shipping on these wads you can have them. I could send a few to see if they work with any high base wad hulls you have. JRM

4. wrzone

wrzone Member

I will take the wads if still available sent a PM

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

[​IMG]

Here ya go....no more guessing

Mark

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

That's the wad. JRM

7. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

[​IMG]
    Here are some cut-aways to show you the old style (First and Second generation plastic hulls) that use that style Power Piston wads.

The top two hull cut-away show the internal base of the RXP and current Remington and Peters hulls. Including the Gun Club and WalMart Sport Load Hulls.

It is hard to see in this photo, but the Red Winchester wad was a tad bit shorter. Not enough to make a diffrence tho.

If you have or can find some of the old style Paper Winchester Super Target hulls, either wad will work with 1 1/8oz. shot drop just fine if you put a nice deep crimp on them.

Mark

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Here are a couple of Remington Wad charts ... possibly 'data' for somebody.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington peters rpa12 wads

remington w23694