1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quebec Trap Championship (Aug 25-26)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Being held at Club de Tir L'Acadie. Southeast of Montreal.

Maybe 40 minutes from the NY I-87 border crossing.

Club is throwing ATA targets on Friday.

200 singles on Saturday. Doubles and Handicap on Sunday. Handicap after the doubles.

The club recently held the CAN-AM Bunker Trap Championships and the Canadian Olympic (International) Skeet Championships.

DIRECTIONS

http://www.losttarget.com/forum/index.php/topic,150.0.html

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Why would anyone want to subject themselves to the people of Quebec..I have been there and the people are not very frendly to the americans..They don't like us..I have also met them while vacationing in Florida and also in Mexico..They also don't like anyone from any other places in Canada..There are a special breed..Starting with the letter "A"..If you don't speak french you don't even get a meal in Quebec..Stay away from this place..I have been to many places in Canada and this is not the place to be..Novia Scotia was nice last year..Visit Alexander Keiths for the beer..People are a lot more friendly there..Vancouver is nice also ..Calgary is also a great place..Any place that the French don't govern..Most of the original French people would be speaking German if it wasn't for the americans ..They are a very ungrateful BASTARDS..

3. Joe Potosky

RE: They are a very ungrateful BASTARDS

I'm not Canadian so I gather I can speak from the American perspective.

Have most likely shot at more clubs in Quebec then most Quebec shooters. So I've been all over the Province. Some areas are almost 100% French and others not so much.

I don't speak French and never a problem. I've always been able to find someone in the crowd that speaks English.

Usually when someone tells me they don't speak English, they do know enough words to have a brief conversation. When at a club we all speak PULL, DEAD and LOST.

Eat rather well when in Quebec. I do pass on the beans that are served with breakfast : ) They get a kick out of it when I say no beans...

Never ran into someone from Quebec that was not friendly to Americans. I'm sure there out there but have never run into one.

I've had a gun brake down and on the way back to the vehicle would have several offers of use of a loaner gun. Just like at any Amercian club.

Have found myself short of a shell or two when shooting and always a fellow shooter would give me his extras. Just like at an Amercian club.

I also run into people from Quebec and also shoot with them while in Florida and always a pleasure.

Was just up this past Saturday at a Hunters Sporting fun Shoot (very French and over 100 shooters)

http://www.losttarget.com/s/2012/2012HunterSporting/

and will be at the trap shoot this weekend.

Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your travels or your contact with the people of Quebec.

4. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Hold on Palos Shooter. French Canadians served with great distinction and valor in both World Wars, particularly WWII.They fought alongside the American armies to free Europe incl. the French people. Don't confuse them with the inhabitants of France. Although they share the same ancestry and language, they are as far removed from France as Americans are from England.

That said,your experience with Quebecers is not unique.In fact, a lot of Anglo Canadians feel the same way.It doesen't take many stupid separatist Quebecois to create this image for anglo visitors.

Ned

5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Whem I was vacationing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico my wife and I were at a beach bar and the Idiots from Quebec didn't get along with the Canadians from Ontario and just pulled there pants down and mooned them ..This was in mixed company..Remember what I said Big "A"..I have lots of memories from these "A"
    They should stay in Quebec..I am glad the guys fron Ontario should some restraint..I gave up fishing any where in Quebec..I have a lot more stories..Maybe My wife could add to some of them when she and her friends wanted to visit some french bakeries in Quebec..She was very disapointed with then..She and her friends loved Nova Scotia....Go Figure..

6. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I live in a boarder state Maine speak very little French go to Quebec many many times a year for vacation and enjoy the area and people NEVER have I had a bad experience ! What I find is some Americans treat their host with disrespect and look down on them ! The Guest do not take the time to learn the ways of the land ! I learn how to say thank you in French it goes along way ! I was planning on doing this shoot but due to having a full house of from away guest that weekend will have to pass...this year :( Joe I eat the beans and love the creton on toast almost as good as my MOMS!

7. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

I certianly enjoyed my stay in Quebec and hadn't had any problems at the shoot either..

As a matter of fact the only difficulities that I encountered at the shoot was with a pair from Ontario, and they didn't know what they were doing..

If I had read this thread previous to my trip to L'acadie, I would have given credit that maybe someone would encounter difficulities with shooting there given the language differences..

On the contraie, I found the people very friendly to myself and also some Americans who attended which were of non french speaking dialect..

A great time was had by all and the shooting was great...

My wife certianly enjoyed the friendly people and we look forward to going back again and meeting our new friends from that Province..

Please remember that one can not judge all human beings by the action of a few idiots in every culture..

Enjoyed the shoot,

Robert Appleby

( newfoundlander )

8. Joe Potosky

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yejijXHQKQA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

It looks like Quebec voters just elected a majority separatist government, for the second time.Probably another referendum is coming soon to break away from Canada.Wait a minute-didn't America fight a civil war over the same issue for a different reason ?

That won't happen in this century.

BTW, it's Poutine-a very Quebecois original.

Ned

10. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Thanks Joe !

11. dougp

dougp TS Member

Firstly a minority separtist gov,t was elected , Secondly maybe the Quebecers are mostly frindly with American,s but treat the rest of Canada with arrogance , They have one agenda squeeze what they can out of the rest of Canada , without any regard to this great country , They are whiners , scum, opportunists, corrupt and the Maple leaf flag should now be replaced with 9 beavers pissing on a frog .

12. Joe Potosky

Awards...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36MOcfadyog?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.