1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quarryville wins Pen-Mar shoot in a blow out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Finally!! after 4 straight Pen-Mar shoots in the rain, fog ect, the sun was out. Still had the wind but it was a nice day (as long as you didn't shoot for cedar). With the sun I thought we would have a better turn out but it didn't happen. We had a total of 88 shooters. Oxford 22, Quarryville 27, and Cedar had 39(if cedar had some good scores to go with all those shooters we would be in trouble)

Taking the top spot and earning a yard with 50x50 was Mike Matroni Jr.

Earning 1/2 yard with 49's was Rich Lapham (make-up) and Bob Shissler

With 2 squads to go Oxford held a small 3 target lead over Quarryville and Cedar was bringing up the rear 4 targets back. The only problem was all the shooters left shot for Quarryville and they had a 42 and a 43 to drop. Before the A team took the line Rich Lapham came in with a 47 and Quarryville had it wrapped up. Of course that didn't stop the A team from piling on with 50 from Mike Jr and 49 from Bob S. The only good thing was it kept me off of the 26yd line with my 48. I will be glad to enjoy the 25 for a while longer. I notice the A team shot better since they dumped Sullenberger. Just kidding Mike!! Still, you may have a hard time getting back on that squad. Final results: Quarryville 474, Oxford 459, and Cedar 455.

Lewis Payout: 50 (1) 84.00__49 (1) 56.00__43 (5) 16.75__42 (8) 7.00

High Gun 50 (1) 70.00 High Hcp 25 (1) 70.00

50/50 winner was Bob Pierce 43.50

Club Standings after 5 shoots: Oxford 13pts, Cedar 9pts, and Quarryville 8pts

Shooter Standings top 3 after 4 shoots:

16's C. Bowers 96, E. Gouge 96, and W. Ruhl 95

Hcp B. Shissler 93, F. Branscome 91, and J. Roland 91

Over All C. Bowers 184, W. Ruhl 183, and J. Roland 182

Looks like the race is real tight. On another note, Vicky Hoadley shot her first 25 at Oxford today and Ray was happy to give her a 25 straight Oxford patch. Good job, now if I could just get her to shoot for the right team.

The next Pen-Mar is Sat Nov. 14th at Quarryville. May the good weather continue.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Oxford did right the ship today at the Cecil Shaw memorial shoot. We shot a 50 bird sportingclays event with a squad made up of 4 Oxford shooters and 4 Quarryville shooters. The results were:

Ray Natale (36) Rich Lewis (36) Bob Pierce (30) Larry Kirk (22) Oxford (124)

M. Matroni jr (32) D. Hicks (31) Matroni sr (27) Mike SS (25) Quarryville (115)

Thats what happens when the A team lets Mike SS back on their squad!!

It was all for a good cause. The proceeds benefit St Judes Childrens Hospital. There were 116 shooters today and $7 from each shooter was donated. There was over $1700 raised today with raffles and 50/50's. Bob P. won a nice soft shotgun case and Larry Kirk won 4 oil changes.

To everyone who shot today and those who donated items and money THANK YOU

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Mike SS, If the A team won't let you back on their squad I think we could find room for you on the Oxford team!!! Larry says you can shoot with him.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I see we are going to be back to our normal Pen-Mar weather, wind and rain for Sat.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Normal Pen-Mar weather it was. Fog, Misting rain blowing in your face, covering your glasses. Got to love it. What I don't love is that Quarryville did it to us again. I'll post the results as soon as Linda emails them to me.

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

What does OGC stand for? Where are these teams from as to state? Post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rich lapham trapshooter