1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quarryville "To Tough" Pen-Mar Shoot #13

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

You could not ask for a better day for winter trap shooting. Sunny skies, mild temp and a light breeze. This was the best day, weather-wise, we have had for the entire league. The scores reflected the conditions (mine didn't): 2 50's, 1 49(make-up), 4 48's, and 6 47's. With all the good scores there will be some changes in the shooter standings. I'm holding on by the skin of my teeth and if my shooting doesn't improve that may not be enough (I see the buzzards circling and the wolves have the scent). The daggone "A" team had a killer day for Quarryville. Ken Fraunfelter and Taylor Shissler (Taylor is an "A" team junior member by birth, Bob Shissler's son) were top dogs today with 50's. Another "A" member helping to pile on the pain(not to mention a nice jump in the standings)was Mike Sullenberger with a 48(a nice score with no earned yardage, way to stay up front Mike!). Anyhow, Thanks to Quarryville beating Cedar today, Oxford will finish 2nd in the club standings by default(the way things have been going, we will take it).

Quarryville 471(33 shooters), Cedar 463 (44 shooters), Oxford 457 (24 shooters)

Club Standings: Quarryville 31.5pts, Oxford 24.5pts, Cedar 22pts

Earning 1 yard with 50's: Ken Fraunfelter(21), Taylor Shissler(20)

Earning 1/2 yard with 49(make-up) Gary Funk (23.5)

Lewis: 50(1)72.00__48(3)16.00__44(3)24.00__43(4)12.00

Hi-Gun 50(1)70.00__Hi-Hcp 25(1)66.00

50/50 winner was Danny Luto(38.00)

Shooter standings after 12 shoots top 5:

16's R. Lewis 286, R. Cohn 282, W. Ruhl 281, B. Harrison 279, M. Sullenberger 279

Hcp B. Shissler 269, T. Lefever 267, T. Wallace 266, R. Lewis 263, Matroni Jr 263

H.O.A. R. Lewis 549, T. Wallace 543, B. Shissler 535, R. Cohn 534, M. Sullenberger 534.

With the last shoots to drop low scores, there will be some shake-ups in the standings next week. Mike Sullenberger has assured me that he will take the HOA from me(remember the buzzards I spoke of earlier?). It's not over yet, and with the last 2 shoots at Oxford, I hope the home field advantage will kick in.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville

The next Pen-Mar shoot will be on Saturday Jan 30th at Oxford.

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville

I'm trying, I'm trying. I've got a lot on my plate right now. Just got back from Indiana after signing a lease on an apartment in Fort Wayne. I haven't lived in an apartment since school days. Won't be any deer in the back yard now.

Rich

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville

I knew there had to be someone laying in the weeds.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Quarryville

Quarryville hammered us again today. I think they are making sure they get their kicks in while we are down.

I'll post the results as soon as Linda emails them to me.

Anyone seen Lapham? He was mia today.

Maybe the weather will be better next Saturday. (I'm hoping for -10 with wind gusts to 40mph, snow, sleet, and freezing rain)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.