1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quarryville Rocks On__Pen-Mar Shoot #10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our Pen-Mar weather woes continue. Wind, rain, and a power outage delayed the start till about 11am (I admit I was hoping the power would stay out). Chelsea called out sick so I took over her scoring duties which kept me from following the leader board. I did see that Junior Shooter Garret Moore put Quarryville on the board early with a 49 (Great shooting in poor conditions). I knew that Oxford was in poor shape because Reid Cohn was leading us with a 46. When I did get a chance to check the board with 2 squads to go Oxford was leading but the A team still had to shoot. In the next to last squad Jim Norton blindsided us with a 48 for Quarryville. Meanwhile Cedar tried to stage a comeback when the Wallace duo came in with a 48&45 (Sr had the 48). The A team had a rough go of it but did just enough, Matroni Jr lead them with a 46. Quarryville 451 (20 shooters), Oxford 437 (14 shooters), and Cedar 433 (17 shooters).

Top shooter of the day was Garret Moore with a 49x50 (M. Sullenberger had a 49 in a make-up). Garret is on his way to the 20 and Sullenberger to the 22 1/2.

Earning 1/2 yard with 48's are Ted Wallace (25) and Jim Norton (21).

Lewis Payout: 46(3)15.50___45(4)07.75___42(4)11.50___41(5)06.00

Hi Gun 46(2)25.00___Hi Hcp 23(2)25.00

50/50 winner was Gale Wallace 24.00

Oxfords hold on the Pen-Mar has slipped and Quarryville has pulled slightly ahead and Cedar is starting to fall back. With the way the weather forecast looks for the next shoot, anything could happen. Club standings: Quarryville 19.5pts, Oxford 19pts, Cedar 15.5pts (Quarryville don't start counting your chickens just yet!!!)

Shooter standings top 3 after 8 shoots:

Singles R. Lewis 195, R. Lefever 193, W. Ruhl 191

Hcp B. Shissler 183, T. Lefever 181, R. Lewis 180

HOA R. Lewis 375, J. Roland 366, T. Wallace 363

The make-up shoot date for the snow out at Oxford will be on Feb 6th. The League dinner will be moved to a later date in Feb. In the heading for this post I listed it as #10 but with the missed date at Oxford it should be shoot #9.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Mr. Machine..

Come shoot the Icicle Open @ WTA with us on Jan. 10th. The Oxford team has to defend their bragging rights against West Chester....WCGC is sending down the big guns.....

Gonna be lots of fun and laughs plus good food..

Curt

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Pen-Mar Shoot is at Oxford on Sat Jan 2nd. Happy New Year!!! Oxford is hoping to make the new year special for Quarryville!!! We haven't forgot about Cedar, just want to keep them in our rearview mirror.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I guess we will have to keep trying. Quarryville took it to us again by 3 targets. Quarryville 1st, Oxford 2nd, and Cedar 3rd. I'll post the results as soon as Linda emails them to me.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Linda emailed the results to me and there was a math error in Quarryvilles favor. Instead of winning by 3 targets, they won by 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.