1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

quality/value of electronic earmuffs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

what is a good brand of electronic earmuffs? i've tried the Howard Leight muffs sold by cabela's and was impressed but i know there are many others out there.---suggestions-- thanks, dennis

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Since the range is from about 40 bucks to 300, it would be good to know what you are looking for.

If you want to input an audio device, like a radio, walkman, or mp3 player, you will get to above 150. Some muffs block the gunshot sound completely, some just reduce it to a safe level.

The best I have seen are made by MSA, I could not afford them. I have a set of Pro Ears and they are fine for my purpose.

You will get many opinions here.

HM

3. bkms

bkms Member

My son bought me a pair of Walkers game ears ($230), they are nice. I only hunt with them. Bob.....

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use the electronic pair made by Beretta. These let you hear conversation yet reduce noise levels considerably. About $110 and seem to work very good. Roy

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

If you want to try some I have a new pair of electronic muffs. That$25.00 and $5.00 shipping will get to your door. Not the best by any means but work good. And will let you know if you want to spend $xxx.xx on a name brand.

Rock

Jim

6. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

i forgot to mention that i want to stay under 100 bucks. i keep looking at these Howard Leight muffs for 59.99. they have a large on/off volume control(roller) and some kind of jack that you can plug audio into. i was really surprised at how they amplified sound. i know i could use these for deer stand hunting. any negative experience with electronic muffs? dennis

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A lot of the less expensive models are not the best for trapshooting. I hate having muffs knock on the gun stock. If using them for shooting, examine this part.

HM

8. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I have the Walker Game Ears which work very well. They do not get in my way while shooting trap. I chose this type as they were the only ones that had a frequency control as well as volume control. I have high freq hearing loss and setting the control to amplify highs more worked wonders for me on the range and in the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.