1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of shot in Rem GC & WW Super T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Do Rem and Win use the same shot in their cheaper shells as their premium shells?

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

No. Cut open the promotional shells and roll the shot around in your palm of your hand or on a flat table. Becareful to not cut your self. Then try the shot from the STS or other premium shell... very round and rolls smoothly. You get what you pay for. Fred

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I've found the Winchester Super Targets to have what seems to me to be good quality shot, at least the ones I've examined IMHO. However, the hulls don't reload worth a dern......Oh well, trade off somewhere.....

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I'm not a WW fan, the factory loads seem to shoot fine but don't re-load worth a ^%$$#@!@$%^* Have shot some of my better scores with GCs and the few I've cut open have had good round shot in them, maybe softer than STSs, I don't have any way to check for hardness (antimony) and they will load as long as the STSs, some guns DON'T like steel heads so a good re-sizer is a must. JME Ross Puls

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I've had good experences loading GC's and have tried several times to come up with something to load the Super T's with but with no luck. If someone has a formula to load Super Targets with, I'm willing to try it. Thanks, Mike.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Are the Remington GC's and STS shells loaded at the same factory? They have two grades of shot in the same place? Anyone been through the place, I believe it is in Arkansas.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

After having good results using reclaim shot at 16yds, I think shot quality is highly over rated at short yardage. My friend uses it at mid rage and does well with it too.
    I can't do well with any load at handicap yardage this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.