1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of Browning Citori XT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coconutjoy, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coconutjoy

coconutjoy Member

May 22, 2011
    Coulds someone give me a little information regarding the Browning Citori XT Shotguns.Are they a quality gun?How is the barrels and choke,do they shoot good patterns?Just need a little info as I am looking at a purchase of a combo.
  2. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Glendora, CA
    I like my XT just fine. I'd love to have a combo gun.

I replaced the factory chokes with Trulock and they pattern wonderfully.
  3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Overland Park KS
    Best Buy in a good quality trap gun...I have 2 both 32" and opted for extended chokes; patterns usually dependent on load and chokes, but have been excellent..guns have been flawless in operation. Regards, Ed
  4. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I have been shooting my XT combo for about four years now. Outstanding gun! Very strong receiver, best value for the money, in my opinion. Patterning is about proper gun fit and sight picture( oh no, here we go). Still the same $3995.00 I paid for mine at Guns Unlimited. You won't be disappointed. And, on the off chance you were to be disappointed, you would sell that gun in ten minutes on this very site.
  5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I've had four of them and still keep one as a spare gun. Arguably one of the best "starter" trap guns you can buy.

They're a little nose heavy and stiff when new, but they hold together just fine.

If the XT fits your face it's a great buy. I recommend the less expensive Monte Carlo stock over the adjustable comb version because the adjustable comb hardware is not very well designed. You'd be better off getting an aftermarket comb and adjustable butt plate put on by a reliable gunsmith.

It's a personal choice, but I don't know if you need a combo. You can shoot everything with just the over/under model, do the comb and buttplate and still be money ahead.

6. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Buckley Washington

I have had mine for two years now. I have the XT Gold with the factory Gra-Coil and the adjustable comb. The only regret that I have is that I did not get a Combo. THe above post about the guns being stiff when you first get them is correct and that they feel nose heavy. I have shot some very good scores with mine. I bought a Krieghoff KS-5 Special, had it a year and then sold it. Went back to my XT only, had a release trigger installed due to a flinch that I have developed and am starting to shoot decent scores again. You should have no regrets if you buy one. Deffinately get a Combo though. Depending on which one you get if you ge the unsingle combo and later decide that you do not like the unsingle barrel, there is always someone on this site looking for an unsingle barrel, including me.

Good Luck,
    Jim Bradbury
  7. lboh

lboh Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Enjoying my 32" XT and starting to shoot it really well. Changed to diamond chokes and it is even better for me. Overall quality has been great with no issues.

Only other change I will make is the addition of a R.A.D with adjustable plate. Need it against my shoulder in a slightly different angle, but any gun needs that adjustment for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori xt quality

citori xt trap patterning

quality of browning citori xt trap grade 1

xt trap quality